Project duration: 23/11/2020 - present
I decided to build my own server using customer grade parts to host a lot of things on, like a projects, NAS and a Nextcloud server, instead of relying on cloud services. I'm not a privacy guru but I like to have my own data in my own hands. Besides that, storing 3000GB in the cloud can be really expensive for a student so having my own server made a lot of sense.
- Ryzen 5 2600X
- A random Gigabyte motherboard I had lying around
- 64GB (4x16) HyperX Fury 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
- 4x3TB Toshiba P300 HDDs in raid 1+0
- GT 710 2GB DDR5 for a display whenever I need it
- Crucial P1 500GB M.2 as boot drive
- Cooler Master 500 Watt PSU
- Artic P12 fans 120mm
- An external 6TB linked to Raspberry PI for backups, in the other part of the house.